What Do They Do?
Installers will Assemble, install, or maintain solar photovoltaic (PV) systems on roofs or other structures in compliance with site assessment and schematics. May include measuring, cutting, assembling, and bolting structural framing and solar modules. May perform minor electrical work such as current checks.
Also known as:
Installer, PV Design and Installation Technician, Photovoltaic Installer (PV Installer), Solar Designer/Installer, Solar Installer, Solar Installer Technician, Solar Photovoltaic Installer (Solar PV Installer), Solar Technician
Activities: what you might do in a day
- Install solar energy systems.
- Apply sealants or other protective coatings.
- Select construction materials.
- Determine appropriate locations for operations or installations.
- Install electrical components, equipment, or systems
Education and experience: to get started
People starting in this career usually have:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- No work experience required
- 1 to 12 months on-the-job training
FEEL LIKE THE RIGHT FIT?